Saturday, July 3, 2010

Tool #5

I found this tool very time consuming, but finally pulled it together. For me, Delicious is more user friendly than Diigo, but Diigo has more useful applications. I found Danielle's Place http://daniellesplace.com which has some neat projects that my first graders could do when they study insects. Yucky Discovery.com http://yucky.discovery.com is just gross enough that kids would love browsing for information!
The bookmarks would keep students on task and not allow them to go to unapproved websites. Also, the social networking aspect allows teachers to share a vast amount of resources which they have already checked out, thus saving time. Teachers will continue to surf the net for new, creative ideas, but having a place for proven websites will be wonderful.

1 comment:

Miss Noonan said...

Karen, I agree that Delicious is more user friendly, but Diigo seems like it would be better in the long run. Its hard figuring out the stuff by yourself, because I know I'm spending way more time than most people who are good with technology.